Manual Handling Training
Are you looking for effective manual handling training for your staff? Please contact us to find out more and receive a quote based on your requirements.
Workplace Wellbeing Strategies
The creation of workplace wellbeing strategies are definitely on the rise. We are often asked for advice on how to create workplace wellbeing strategies and so here are some useful tips to consider.
- Have a clear understanding of why, for example:
- Improve employee engagement and retention by demonstrating your commitment to employee wellbeing.
- Reduce sickness absence by encouraging employees to take responsibility for their own health and wellbeing.
Improve productivity amongst your workforce with improved health and wellbeing.
- Consider how, for example:
- A starting point may be to ask your employees; conduct a survey to gather opinion and ideas about what matters to them in relation to their health, wellbeing and work.
- Start small, your strategy shouldn’t remain static, it can evolve and grow over time, allowing you to align services, benefits and activities to ensure they support your strategy and goals.
- Ensure your strategy encompasses physical and mental wellbeing and promotes both.
- Who should be involved?
- The simple answer is everyone, but it has been demonstrated that getting buy-in from senior leadership and them leading by example can play a key role in influencing employees to take part.
- Examples of workplace wellbeing services, benefits and activities:
- Occupational health can play a key part in supporting your workplace wellbeing strategy with an occupational health programme that aims to prevent ill health through proactive surveillance and monitoring of workplace health.
- EAP, Employee Assistance Programmes provide employees with confidential support, counselling and advice on a range of topics.
- Health & Wellbeing promotion and training. Activities that allow employees to join in and learn about different aspects of their health and wellbeing, such as mini health checks, workplace massage therapies, themed toolbox talks. Training on topics such as mental health in the workplace, mental health first aid, occupational health awareness for managers and manual handling.
If you would like some help with developing your strategy and would like more information about the workplace wellbeing services, benefits and activities we can offer please contact us by calling 01449 766913 or email email@example.com
2019 Health Awareness Campaigns in February
1st-28th Raynaud’s Awareness Month
4th World Cancer Day
7th Time to Talk
16th-24th – OCD Week of Action
25th Feb – 3rd March Eating Disorder
28th Rare Disease day
See separately attached 2019 Health Awareness Calendar