There is a growing awareness of the importance of good workplace mental health and wellbeing, with the cost to businesses being significant both in human and financial terms. Recent research has estimated the average cost of poor mental health per employee to be between £1,205 and £1,560 per year, this cost is for all employees, not just those who are ill, (Thriving at work – The Stevenson / Farmer review of mental health and employers October 2017). Investing in building a mentally healthy workplace will undoubtedly deliver a financial benefit to any business, whatever its size.
Mental Health First Aid is a globally recognised training course that teaches people to become Mental Health First Aiders.
Following the completion of the 2 day Adult course a trained Mental Health First Aider will be able to:
- Have a more in-depth understanding of different mental health issues and illnesses
- Spot the symptoms and potential triggers of mental health issues
- Approach and assist someone who has a mental health issue
- With enhanced communication skills such as Non-judgemental listening, feel comfortable talking with someone who has a
mental health issue
- Provide reassurance, even in a crisis situation
- Be able to guide a person towards appropriate support
- Influence and support strategies that improve mental health
in the workplace
Training is delivered by an approved Mental Health First Aid Instructor at your business premises, or people can book to attend one of our open courses which are delivered at our training suite in Needham Market, Suffolk. Alternatively we can deliver dedicated courses in house.
Don’t delay in building your mentally healthy workplace, where your employees can feel assured that you recognise the importance of mental health and they can access support when needed from trained Mental Health First Aiders.
To enquire about booking training please call 01449 766913 or email email@example.com